Your Trusted Moving Company for three generations
Small Shipment Service
Small Shipment Service aka Priority Relocation Service
Liberty Moving offers a small shipment option called Priority Relocation Service or PRS for long distance shipments. The priority shipping option is a premium service and is a good fit for very tiny shipments, smaller shipments needing a fast transit time, smaller shipments going to out-of-the-way places, or any combination of these factors.
The items in a PRS shipments are handled the absolute minimum amount; once when they are loaded and once when they are delivered. There is no opportunity for items to be misplaced, soiled, or contaminated in any way.
PRS shipments are loaded into large wooden crates (7’ tall by 4’ wide by 7 ½’ long) called “lift vans”. Each lift van can hold about 1,000 lbs. They are transported by common carriers to a partner agency at your destination city and then delivered to you.
PRS shipments have several advantages over traditional padded van shipments;
- The transit time is shorter and more predictable because they are transported by regularly scheduled freight carriers.
- If the shipment weight is above 3,500 lbs., you will receive a $150 per day payment if the shipment is late for any reason.
- All of the shipment items are isolated from other customers since your shipments are not co-mingled on the same truck.
- All shipment items are wrapped with single-use virgin paper padding products or plastic wrap ensuring your items remain completely sanitary.
- The door of each lift van is completely fastened with nails, secured with steel banding around its girth, and sealed on all 4 edges with tamper-proof security seals.
- Vulnerable shipment items in lift vans have extra protection against damage since they are protected by the thick plywood walls.
Priority Relocation Service is not for everyone, but it is appropriate for scenarios when you’re just shipping a small to medium amount and need it delivered ASAP. These shipment scenarios would include:
- Job changes where you need your clothing quickly.
- Students taking items away to school.
- Splitting up estates between multiple families.
- Shipping a single item or set of items like your childhood spinet piano or Grandma’s antique dining room set.
PRS is also appropriate for shipments that will be going into storage at the destination. There are considerable charges when going into and out of storage for loose loaded shipments. However, since PRS shipments are already crated, these costs are avoided and the monthly storage fees are less as well.
Contact Liberty Moving & Storage right now for more information about Priority Relocation Service or any of our other services or to schedule your free in-home estimate.
What Our Customers Say About Our Service
Moving Articles & Resources
The Ukraine Aid Drive
Liberty Moving and Storage: Standing with Ukraine The Ukraine Aid Drive This month our humanitarian event, the Ukraine Aid Drive, was a great success
Specific recommendations to prepare for an apartment or condo move
Liberty Moving and Storage has been moving apartments since 1930. During that time, our overriding objective has always been to provide two things to our
How long does the moving process take?
Trying to estimate the precise timing of a move is impossible. Each move is unique and there are just too many variables to be very