What do I need to do 6 weeks before I move?
- Confirm your move with mover and sign the deal
- Identify prohibited items and make arrangements during the move
- Prepare to handle your pets during the move 5 weeks before your move
- Remove and dispose items you don’t want to carry
What do I need to do 4 weeks before I move?
- Inform people of your new address
- Notify banks and other financial institutions about your move
- Round up passports, birth/marriage certificates and other family documentation
What should I do 3 weeks before I move?
- Separate favorite toys and household articles
- Make sure your pet’s vaccinations are up to date
- Arrange for mail to be forwarded 2 weeks before you move
- Start to dismantle climbing frames/garden furniture
- Agree upon an insurance value and terms with your mover
- Make arrangements of connection of services to your new home
- Return library books
- Find new place for your plants
What needs to be done 3 days before I move?
- Defrost the refrigerator/freezer
- Plan simple meals for moving day to avoid using appliances
- Separate luggage items you need for personal travel
- Clean garden tools, bicycles and other gardening equipment
- Empty the tanks of powered tools such as mowers
- Check you have enough medication for at least two weeks, and ensure you have copies of any necessary prescriptions for use at destination
- Collect travelers checks or local currency
- Arrange for someone to look after the children on moving day
If you have any questions, call the experts in Cape Cod! Liberty Moving & Storage is ready to take your call!