Coronavirus doesn’t appear to be slowing down anytime soon, and the idea of things going back to normal has all but left most of our minds. Going forward, every industry will need to continue to ask itself how to conduct business safely – the moving industry is no different. While there are variations in health and safety protocols depending on location, many moving companies are taking significant steps to ensure the health of their customers and teams. Liberty Moving & Storage is doing just that, by ensuring our customers that they can move safely during the pandemic.
If you have concerns about safety, you can consider the following tips while preparing to move.
- Hire a moving company that has strong safety protocols in place on the job. You don’t want to hire a company that will show up on moving day and not wash their hands or practice social distancing. Be selective about which company you go with.
- Don’t reuse packing supplies: avoid picking up boxes from grocery stores and instead buy new packing supplies to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Talk to your movers about their rescheduling policy. If you should fall ill, you don’t want to be charged for needing to push back your moving day.
- Sanitize your belongings. Wipe down tables and chairs before movers arrive.
- Follow CDC guidelines. Wear a mask, practice social distancing, and wash your hands often.
While needing to move in the middle of a pandemic can seem like an anxiety-inducing undertaking, there are plenty of moving companies out there who are trying their best to keep their customers safe. With the right company, you can move safely during the pandemic. Liberty Moving & Storage is one of those companies. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to call us at 1-866-729-6683.