Moving long distance can feel like a huge undertaking. With enough planning, packing, and preparation it can be a smooth experience. Here are a few tips to consider if you are moving cross country.
- Don’t hesitate to plan – the more time you have, the better! As soon as you know that you’re moving, contact moving companies to get estimates. Moving cross country can be complicated and have many parts to the puzzle, so you will want ample time to prepare.
- Choose a reliable moving company – get multiple estimates so that you can compare and contrast and make an informed decision. Going with the cheapest option isn’t always the best choice. Pick a company that has good reviews as well as affordable rates.
- Make a packing schedule – and stick to it! The more that you can get done little by little, the less likely it is that you will feel stressed in the days leading up to moving day. Make a calendar for when you will tackle each room in your house.
- Sort your household items – moving is a great opportunity to get rid of junk. Sort your belongings into piles: things you’re packing, things you’re donating, and things you’re throwing away.
- Clearly label your boxes – use a color system by buying different kinds of tape to label boxes that will go in each room. Write a list of what is in each box with sharpie, so that when you arrive at your new home, you can easily sort and find everything.
Wherever your long distance move is taking you, you are sure to have an easier and less stressful trip if you follow these simple tips. Moving cross country is an exciting endeavor! If you need assistance with your upcoming move, you can call Liberty Moving & Storage. We are always happy to help!