The kids have been home from school for weeks now, and you might be going crazy trying to entertain them! Luckily there are plenty of fun things to do around the house with just a few supplies and a bit of time. Here are 8 fun things to do at home during COVID, to keep everyone having fun.
- Arts & Crafts – from watercolors to sidewalk chalk: look around your house to see what crafting supplies can be used.
- Family games – whether you are playing a 3 hour round of Monopoly or a quick game of charades, the kids are sure to love to get to spend quality time with you while doing something fun.
- Cook – teach your kids how to make simple dinners that you can all enjoy.
- Science is cool – go outside with a magnifying glass and look for bugs and birds. Do some fun experiments like putting mentos into a coke bottle!
- Put on a talent show – have your kids work on a routine to show off in front of the whole family. Singing, dancing, impersonations, you name it!
- Build a fort – make a fortress out of your living room with blankets and furniture.
- Play outside – whether you’re throwing a baseball or planting flowers together, this is the perfect time of the year to be spending quality time outside.
- Take school work to the next level – online learning might take some of the fun out of school work for kids. Make colorful flashcards or make up songs to go along with whatever your kids are studying.
While it may be a nuisance to have to stay at home so much, it is also an opportunity for families to come together. Have fun with it!